Re: [patch 7/14] mm: remove bad_range

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sun Nov 06 2005 - 22:03:35 EST

Bob Picco wrote:
Nick Piggin wrote: [Sun Nov 06 2005, 07:58:26PM EST]

Hmm, right - in __free_pages_bulk.

Could we make a different call here, or is the full array of bad_range
checks required?

Not the full array. Just the pfn_valid call. Seems CONFIG_HOLES_IN_ZONE is
already in page_alloc.c, perhaps just in __free_pages_bulk as a replacement
for the bad_range call which isn't within a BUG_ON check. It's somewhat of a wart but already there. Otherwise we might want arch_holes_in_zone inline which is only required by ia64 and noop for other arches.

Ideally yes, it would be hidden away in an arch specific header file.

In the meantime I will just replace it with an ifdefed pfn_valid call.

The only place I didn't look closely is the BUG_ON in expand. I'll do that
tomorrow.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.