Re: Highpoint IDE types

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 18:07:32 EST

On Maw, 2005-11-08 at 17:35 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> May we assume that this information was gathered in the interest of
> something beyond pedantic curiousity? Will this simplify the driver
> code, improve performance or reliability, etc?

Something like that

I've been collecting the data to get the libata driver right, and in
doing so even with the partial data I had came across some chunks of
data that are wrong in the ide/pci driver.

Its not made easier by the fact hpt seem to have taken down their own
drivers for older (now "unsupported" I suspect) chips.

The frequency and chip id data is needed to correctly tune the PLLs and
to identify the right base frequency for timing.