Re: [patch] Re: 2.6.14-rc5-mm1 - ide-cs broken!

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 11:40:23 EST

Richard Purdie wrote:
On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 08:37 -0800, Greg KH wrote:

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 03:14:53PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

On Iau, 2005-11-03 at 23:19 -0800, Greg KH wrote:

Hint, gentoo, debian, and suse don't have this problem, so you might
want to look at their rules files for how to work around this. Look for
this line:

# skip accessing removable ide devices, cause the ide drivers are horrible broken

I was under the impression people had eventually decided the media
change patch someone was proposed was ok after investigating one or two
cases I knew of that turned out to be borked hardware ?

I was not aware of that, I'd be glad to see that patch go into the tree
to help others who have run into this over the years.

Hm, have a pointer to the latest proposed patch for this anywhere?

This was discussed in the thread: http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/9/21/118

Alan Cox: