Re: merge status

From: Russell King
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 17:41:51 EST

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 01:35:58PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> We're at day 12 of the two-week window, time for a quick peek at
> outstanding patches in the subsystem trees.

And I've just committed that patch set to convert platform drivers
to struct platform_driver... which is about 250K.

Anything not converted continues to work as it always used to, so
the only breakage is if I mis-converted something. However, I've
build-tested allyesconfig on i386, and several ARM configs, and I'm
not aware of any build problems.

This couldn't be submitted earlier because ARM SMP work took
priority, and getting to a stage where the platform_driver stuff
was suitable against the rapidly moving target is rather, err,
time consuming. Plus, gregkh only recently gave his ack to it.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core