Re: truncate_inode_pages_range patch to mainline ?

From: Badari Pulavarty
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 14:10:46 EST

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 11:05 -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Badari Pulavarty <pbadari@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > I would like to find out, what your plans and/or concerns
> > to push
> >
> > reiser4-truncate_inode_pages_range.patch
> >
> > from your -mm tree to mainline ?
>
> Well that's part of the reiser4 patch series. It can be fed forward if we
> need it, of course.

Please do - if you don't have concerns with it.

> > I need this for my madvise(REMOVE) work.
>
> That's OK.
>
> > And also, I see that
> > madvise(REMOVE) is not in -mm2 also. Do you still
> > have concerns with it ?
>
> I haven't looked much at the latest version yet, sorry. The
> two-weeks-after-release window isn't a good time to be looking at new
> features, so there's quite a lot of material saved up for the
> six-week-interregnum.

There is no changes in the last version, except 1 page changelog
to include the discussions & future plans.

I am okay, as long as I am in the queue for next release. I was
hoping to get more testing in your -mm tree, in the meanwhile.

> But yes, your patch still sucks ;)

I know :)

Any suggestion on making it less sucky ? I really need this :(

Thanks,
Badari