Re: Linuv 2.6.15-rc1

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Sat Nov 12 2005 - 17:36:56 EST

> ucSystemType is a variable that is EXPORT_SYMBOL'ed but never used in
> any way.
>
> _prep_type is a variable that is needlessly EXPORT_SYMBOL'ed.

Therse are old PREP stuffs

> But prep_init points to the real problem:
>
> CONFIG_PPC_PREP requires code from arch/ppc/platforms/, but this
> directory is never visited.
>
> What is the correct fix?
> Migrate the code from arch/ppc/platforms/ to arch/powerpc/platforms/ ?

Yes, PREP need to be migrated, but that includes adding some minimum
device-tree support for it among others. And few people still have PREP
machines, I'm not even sure we have access to one here in ozlabs... I
think for 2.6.15, we'd better just disable it in .config for
ARCH=powerpc.

Ben.