Re: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 07:00:03 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

The experience with Fedora so far is exceptionally good; in early 2.6
there were some reports with XFS stacked on top of DM, but since then
XFS has gone on a stack diet... also the -mm patches to do non-recursive
IO submission will bury this (mostly theoretical) monster for good.

Fedora with their 2.6.12 and raid+xfs+nfs still causes occasional problems for me. Haven't tried their 2.6.14. But until the block layer modifications are mainline I'm sticking with 8 KiB. My heart momentarily stops every time the file server decides to have a kernel panic, so better safe than sorry.

Rgds
Pierre