Re: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 09:25:14 EST

On Llu, 2005-11-14 at 05:38 -0800, Alex Davis wrote:
> This will break ndiswrapper. Why can't we just leave this in and let people choose?

If we spent our entire lives waiting for people to fix code nothing
would ever happen. Removing 8K stacks is a good thing to do for many
reasons. The ndis wrapper people have known it is coming for a long
time, and if it has a lot of users I'm sure someone in that community
will take the time to make patches.