Re: 2.6.14-mm2: no .config.old any more?

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 19:04:48 EST

Christian Kujau <evil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i noticed that 2.6.14-mm2 does not generate a .config.old anymore, so that
> i can undo changes. i see that the Kconfig system is probably in flux
> again ("Why did oldconfig's behavior change in 2.6.15-rc1?"), but i have
> not seen this issue being reported:

Yeah, sorry, the diff you noticed is a horrid seven-second-hack I've
carried in my tree since the new Kconfig stuff went in (2.5.early) because
I want my .config to be a symlink to a revision-controlled file and the
Kconfig system (brokely) insists on blowing away the symlink each time you
run it.

A proper patch (which maybe does an lstat+special-stuff) would be nice.

But that particular diff only appears in the -mm rollup when I'm carrying
other patches against confdata.c, which rarely happens. So it'll go away
again.