Re: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks

From: Mike Christie
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 19:55:28 EST

Mike Christie wrote:
Olivier Galibert wrote:

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 12:53:31PM +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

The experience with Fedora so far is exceptionally good; in early 2.6
there were some reports with XFS stacked on top of DM, but since then
XFS has gone on a stack diet... also the -mm patches to do non-recursive
IO submission will bury this (mostly theoretical) monster for good.

Not theorical for iscsi though. I guess net+block is a little too
much.

If you have stack problem with iscsi then you should post it to those lists or send me a pointer offlist. There were problems with iscsi and XFS but they should be fixed in mainline. The XFS + iscsi problems that have been reported have not been stack usage problems though.

I think to hit a iscsi stack problem you will have to have the scsi request_fn get called from __make_request (or one of the functions it calls like __elv_add_request which looks like it could call __generic_unplug_device). And then the iscsi queuecomamnd would have to hit the path that calls iscsi_data_xmit. Have you hit this?