Re: [Patch 1/4] Delay accounting: Initialization

From: Peter Chubb
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 20:07:16 EST

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Andrew> Shailabh Nagar <nagar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> + *ts = sched_clock();

Andrew> I'm not sure that it's kosher to use sched_clock() for
Andrew> fine-grained timestamping like this. Ingo had issues with it
Andrew> last time this happened?

It wasn't Ingo, it was Andi Kleen... for my Microstate Accounting
patches, which do very similar things to Shailabh's patchsetm, but
using /proc and a system call instead (following Solaris's lead)

--
Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately, the political takes *forever*