Re: ADI Blackfin patch for kernel 2.6.14

From: Bernd Schmidt
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 08:44:00 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:

+asmlinkage int sys_bfin_spinlock(int *spinlock)

Whoa, that's a syscall I never expected to see. What's it do?

Replaces the TESTSET instruction, which has a few errata that make it unreliable. It's used by the pthreads library to provide atomic operations.

Shouldn't
it be using get_user() and put_user()? Or will this forever be a nommu
arch?

We currently don't expect that this code will ever support a MMU, but I suppose it could use get/put_user for clarity.

Bernd