software mixing [was Re: [linux-pm] [RFC] userland swsusp]

From: Lee Revell
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 15:49:57 EST

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 21:12 +0100, Olivier Galibert wrote:
> 1- It doesn't work without an annoyingly complex, extremely badly
> documented user configuration. To the point that it doesn't work in
> either an out-of-the-box, updated Fedora Core 3 nor an
> out-of-the-box gentoo.

It's badly documented and complex because .asoundrc was never intended
to be user visible. If the end user ever needs to edit their ALSA
config files for a standard setup there's a bug somewhere.

Anyway please provide the details of your sound hardware and ALSA driver
& alsa-lib version so we can determine why software mixing does not work
for you.

Lee