Re: [2.6 patch] mark virt_to_bus/bus_to_virt as __deprecated on i386

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Sat Nov 19 2005 - 08:49:47 EST

On 11/18/05, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > virt_to_bus/bus_to_virt are long deprecated, mark them as __deprecated
> > on i386.
> >

> Problem is, nobody's fixing these things. There's no point in adding spam
> to the kernel build unless it actually gets us some action, and I haven't
> seen any evidence that it does.

I for one was not aware that these functions were considered to be
deprecated, some log "spam" would have alerted me to that fact.

I'll take a look at fixing up some of these, just need to go dig up
some docs on what the replacements are first, so be patient...

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>