Re: Does Linux support powering down SATA drives?

From: Marc Perkel
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 11:08:40 EST

Tomasz Torcz wrote:

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 07:53:49AM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:

asmith@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I would agree with your view on IDE becoming obsolete on hard drives, but I as yet, am not aware of any CD/DVD drives with a SATA interface.

That's something that amazes me - why aren't there anu SATA CD/DVD drives? Seems to me that CD/DVD could have the same benifits of using a thin cable and eventually getting away from the IDE interface.

You can rip one from an Xbox 360 :)

Oh? What does the Xbox have in it?

--
Marc Perkel - marc@xxxxxxxxxx