[patch 0/2] Convert bigsmp to use flat physical mode

From: Ashok Raj
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 19:12:52 EST

Hi

This patch converts bigsmp to use flat physical mode instead of logical
cluster mode similar to what we use for x86_64. This helps with plugging some
race conditions with cpu hotplug (IPI-race) and other things. More details in
the respective patches.

Andrew: Please consider for -mm for some exposure

The series has 2 patches.

- Change bigsmp to use flat physical mode instead of logical cluster
- If hotplug is enabled choose bigsmp mode by default.

Both the above are default behaviour for x86_64 builds.

I have tested on some dual core boxes, it will help more testing if people
who use bigsmp can give feedback would be great.

Cheers,
ashok