Re: what is our answer to ZFS?

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 11:24:26 EST

Tarkan Erimer wrote:
On 11/22/05, Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> wrote:

What if some breakthrough in storage gives us vastly larger (larger than
predicted harddisk storage density increases) storage densities in 10
years for the same price of a 200 or 300 GB disk drive now?

If all the speculations are true for AtomChip Corp.'s
(http://www.atomchip.com) Optical Technology. We wil begin to use
really large RAMs and Storages very early than we expected.
Their prototypes already begin with 1 TB (both for RAM and Storage).
It's not hard to imagine, a few years later, we can use 100-200 and up
TB Storages and RAMs.

Amazing technology, run XP on a 256 bit 6.8GHz protrietary quantum CPU, by breaking the words into 64 bit pieces and passing them to XP via a "RAM packet counter" device.

And they run four copies of XP at once, too, and you don't need to boot them, they run instantly because... the web page says so?

I assume this is a joke, a scam would have prices ;-)
--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)