Re: [RFC] Small PCI core patch

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 14:38:46 EST

Brian Gerst wrote:

The biggest problem with VIA (and Intel) is that they are only available as integrated video on the motherboard. I can't just walk to the store and pick one up off the shelf. I have yet to see any AMD64 motherboards with these chipsets either.

Actually I have a via/amd board:

00:00.1 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. K8M800 Host Bridge
00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237 PCI bridge [K8T800/K8T890 South]
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. S3 Unichrome Pro VGA Adapter (rev 01)

Works well on FC4 with an Ubuntu driver.