Re: Linux 2.6.15-rc2

From: David S. Miller
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 21:16:59 EST

From: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxx>
Date: 23 Nov 2005 02:32:44 +0100,Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:32:44 +0100

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 05:05:07PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > davem recently merged a patch which adds ext3 ioctls to fs/compat_ioctl.c.
> > That required inclusion of ext3 and jbd header files. Those files explode
> > unpleasantly when CONFIG_JBD=n.
>
> Or use ->compat_ioctl and do it in fs/ext3

And reiserfs and ... that's why I didn't do it using ->compat_ioctl(),
several other filesystems make use of some of the ext{2,3} ioctls.

I think the ifdef's are a possible solution for now. But it's very
silly, as we just want some of the ioctl and type definitions.
Perhaps ext3_fs.h can be arranged to still export the ioctl types even
when CONFIG_JBD is disabled?