RE: [2.6 patch] net/sunrpc/xdr.c: remove xdr_decode_string()

From: Lever, Charles
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 07:35:30 EST

> On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 07:13:14AM -0700, Lever, Charles wrote:
>
> > actually, can we hold off on this change? the RPC
> transport switch will
> > eventually need most of those EXPORT_SYMBOLs.
>
> Am I right to assume this will happen in the foreseeable future?

the first portion of the transport switch is in 2.6.15-rcX. at this
point i'm expecting the EXPORT_SYMBOL changes to go in 2.6.17 or later.

so i don't remember why you are removing xdr_decode_string. are we sure
that no-one will need this functionality in the future? it is harmless
to remove today, but i wonder if someone is just going to add it back
sometime.