Re: [LinuxBIOS] x86_64: apic id lift patch

From: Ronald G Minnich
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 15:30:06 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
At the same time, we seem to be treading in territory where the fuctory BIOSes have not yet been. We're in the weird position, at times, of finding things out before the proprietary BIOSes get there.

You're saying that Arima machine only runs with LinuxBIOS so far?

The Cray XD-1, opteron-based machine, is linuxbios only. Another machine, DRC, can only use linuxbios. Island/Aruma was mentioned. These are the three I know of, there may well be others.

DRC used linuxbios because fuctory bios could not configure HT correctly in their application.

(well, I know of one other, but can't tell you about it).

ron