stupid question about netlink and 2.6.14 and latest udev

From: Douglas J Hunley
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 15:35:16 EST

Latest udev says that it requires netlink support in the kernel, however I
can't find any concrete info on how to enable netlink in 2.6.14+ .. a grep of
NETLINK in .config doesn't find anything. I saw an option that made reference
to netlink, but it didn't actually state that it was enabling netlink. What's
the magic config option? Or how does one check if a running kernel has
netlink support functional?
thanks!
--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778

I'm not worried. If there's something bad out there we'll find, you'll slay,
we'll party!