Re: + dont-include-schedh-from-moduleh.patch added to -mm tree

From: Tim Schmielau
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 07:43:32 EST

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Tim Schmielau <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Andrew, what are your plans for these patches?
>
> Slam it in after 2.6.15, put fingers in ears?

I'll certainly listen when the patches go in.
I'll rerun my analysis to catch most of the problems. But I will allways
be late by two or three days because the analysis takes it's time.

The (well-known) problem is that at the time when patches are allowed to
go in, the rate of change is so high that I need to fix some dozen files
per day.
In a more quiet period (e.g., two or the days after most of the changes
are in), I'd probably be able to catch most (if not all) of the problems
by myself with

We'll see how it goes.
I'd really like to get the procedure right as my next patch to really cut
down sched.h (ab)use will affect about 10x as many files.

> > Shall I send an updated dont-include-schedh-from-moduleh.patch whose
> > changelog reflects the current state of testing?
>
> You can send a new changelog if you like, but I'd prefer not to do a
> wholesale replacement of a tested patch.

OK. I'll not update the changelog now as it will be out of date anyways
when 2.6.15 arrives.

Thanks,
Tim