Re: faulty oom-killer on amd64?

From: Michael Renner
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 12:34:08 EST

Michael Renner <michael.renner <at> geizhals.at> writes:

> On the 16 processor machine I get CPU lockups with identical traces which can
> be seen at http://666kb.com/i/10yov42ydfdog.jpg and
> http://666kb.com/i/10yom358azw8w.jpg (this was tested with 2.6.14 and
> 2.6.15-rc2 respectively).

Ok, retried this with burnMMX on the "large" box, apparently the killer works in
some cases. (It killed the offending burnMMX processes after stalling for a
minute or two, but I guess I can't blame the scheduler when it hast to handle
more than 1000 running processes).

Still, the situation isn't favorable with the other workloads which lead to
lockups.

best regards,
Michael Renner