Re: Assorted bugs in the PIIX drivers

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 11:39:54 EST

On Gwe, 2005-11-25 at 16:36 +0100, Marc Koschewski wrote:
> could it be possible to again drop the ide=nodma kernel parameter in my
> configs that use reiserfs? reiserfs just bails out when I mount devices on ide
> busses that miss that parameter. I somtimes had to --rebuild-tree after a boot
> with DMA enabled.

One to ask the IDE maintainer about for the drivers/ide/pci code.
However the bugs and questions from my check only affect non hardisk
devices and very early slow PIO devices so wouldn't explain problems
seen with modern drive configurations.

The setup for modern (UDMA) while horribly convoluted appears to be
totally correct.

Alan