Re: pxa27x_udc -- support for usb gadget for pxa27x?

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sat Nov 26 2005 - 14:34:02 EST

Hi!

> > Pavel Machek wrote:
> > >
> > > ...for the spitz. Do you think I can just copy this one? ...eh, no,
> > > will not fly, there's no SPITZ_GPIO_USB_PULLUP.
> >
> > There are internal pull-ups (and pull-downs) perhaps you can use those?
> >
> > Hmmm. Though the C5 stepping might be different -- best to check the
> > "specification update".
>
> I can confirm that you'll need to use the internal pxa27x pullups
> for

How can I use pxa27x pullups?

> this. You'll probably also need to make sure GPIO 35 is low to ensure
> the usb Vcc line isn't powered (as it would be in usb host mode.

Are you sure? spitz_ohci_init() seems to play with GPIO 37.

(Perhaps spitz_ohci_init should disable the other GPIO?)

> Ultimately, it would be nice to have the Zaurus detect whether a usb
> host or client was present (using gpio 41 maybe?) and then activate the
> host (ohci) or client (pxa27x_udc) driver as appropriate.

Unfortunately, that would make ohci unfunctional for me. I have normal
usb device cable, connected to "USB gender changer" -- basically two
female connectors -- so that I can plug USB network card into that.

Pavel

--
Thanks, Sharp!