Re: 2.6.15-rc2-mm1: kernel BUG at kernel/timer.c:213

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 14:52:01 EST

> kernel BUG at kernel/timer.c:213!

BUG_ON(!timer->function);

The caller of __mod_timer did not fill in the function member.

I decoded the conglomeration of characters which seems to be the driver
source - shudder - and actually the init code of the driver initializes
the TuningTimer after register_netdev, which leads to a race with the
hotplug code. "Working perfectly" on older kernels is just by chance not
by design.

tglx