Re: What are the general causes of frozen system?

From: Larry Finger
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 00:00:41 EST

thockin@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 09:05:37PM -0600, Larry Finger wrote:

Look for lock-related deadlocks. Try turning on the nmi watchdog

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, adding either nmi_watchdog=1 or 2 makes my machine lockup in booting - just after ACPI is initialized.

Try with acpi=off, too?

It turned out that an 'lacpi' was causing the boot lockup. I tried all combinations of acpi on/off and nmi_watchdog 1/2 without any success. The NMI count in /proc/interrupts remains stuck at 0.