Re: cx88 totally fried in 2.6.15-rcX -was- Re: HD3000 - no NTSC viatuner

From: Michael Krufky
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 22:42:04 EST

Michael Krufky wrote:

Gene Heskett wrote:

Like I said, complete instructions please so that we are on the same
page. I still have the rc2-git6 tree that didn't work, so as my script
does a make clean, it should be easy enough to do with the right
instructions. Like what dir in the kernel tree am I supposed to be in
when I issue the cvs checkout command etc.

Oops.... I forgot to answer this question....

It doesnt matter in what directory you are issuing the commands below... Although you certainly should NOT issue these within your kernel source, and you should be inside the newly-downloaded v4l-dvb tree after you "cd" into it. I recommend either doing this in your ~home directory, or in /usr/src

Here's how:

1) Please start with vanilla 2.6.15-rc2-git6 ... Have the kernel already installed and running.

2) Check-out the newly merged v4l-dvb cvs repository:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/video4linux login
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs/video4linux co v4l-dvb

3) Change into the v4l-dvb directory:

cd v4l-dvb

4) (optional) If you are recompiling the cvs modules against a different kernel, clean the tree and kernel version info:

make distclean

5) Compile the modules:

make

6) Install them: (as root)

make install

7) Reboot the machine

Hopefully, this will fix your problem. Please let me know.

Cheers,

Michael