Re: PowerBook5,8 - TrackPad update

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 01:16:31 EST

On Nov 28, 2005, at 7:06 PM, Michael Hanselmann wrote:

The product ID I have, 0x0215, was in none of the
available drivers and the data format is somewhat different

Hi Michael

Is yours the 15" model or the 17"? Mine is 15" and the product id is 0x0214.

You find my hacked version attached -- be aware that in its current form
it will not work with any touchpad except 0x0215.

I haven't looked at your changes completely yet but are you saying it works? Meaning mouse
moves properly?

Also I find it strange that your model requires 80 bytes ATP_DATASIZE - mine isn't happy
at all with anything less than 256. The less number of sensors you defined is again a puzzle.

As far as I see it, all methods can be built into one driver. Is there
already someone working on combining them?

If the format of the data is same (which looks like it is with your model) then yes, but in my case
the data arrives is 64 byte blocks - there are 4 of them in one transfer, each a reading on it's own.

Hmm. More confusion.

Thanks

Parag