Re: [2.6 patch] drivers/infiniband/core/mad.c: fix a NULL pointerdereference

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 12:07:37 EST

Roland> Is this really important enough for the stable tree?

Adrian> You said it fixed a crash for you.

To trigger the patch, you have to hit the error path, which in
practical terms requires buggy code calling into the function. And
you also have to either be running with CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB=y or be
extremely unlucky. So I don't think anyone who's not developing IB
driver code could ever hit the crash, and any developers are going to
be running the latest tree anyway.

Adrian> Besides this, it's a small and easy to verify change.

Sure, I don't mind it going into the stable tree. I'm just not sure
it's worth spending everyone's time on it.

- R.