Re: NIC irq nobody cared ? virtual to physical and DMA questions

From: Ivo van Doorn
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 15:57:36 EST

Hi,

> This time the questions are different.
>
> Given the following output could anyone please tell me what is wrong ?
> In explicit what does that mysterious "nobody cared" message mean?
> And another stupid question: should DMA for a network card be enabled before or maybe
> _after_ interrupts get enabled? And... how to convert virtual address
> to physical one?

The nobody cared error message is reported when a device is raising interrupts while
the actual driver has not yet registered the interrupt handler.

The best way to handle this for network drivers (done in rt2x00, which works fine) would be:

1 - Allocate DMA
2 - Registers interrupt handler
3 - Enable device interrupts.

IvD