Re: [OT] 1500 days uptime.

From: Nick Warne
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 17:26:38 EST

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 00:31, Wakko Warner wrote:
> Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > Nick Warne wrote:
> > >Hi all,
> > >
> > >BrrrrrrrrrrrrBrrrr
> > >
> > >That was me blowing my own trumpet again :-)
> > >
> > >Re:
> > >http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0407.1/0651.html
> > >
> > >Now just hit 1500 days:
> > >
> > >-
> > >[nick@486Linux nick]$ last -xf /var/run/utmp runlevel
> > >runlevel (to lvl 3) Sun Oct 14 16:07 - 21:41
> > >(1502+06:34)
> > >
> > >utmp begins Sun Oct 14 16:07:40 2001
> > >-
> > >
> > >Utterly remarkable - the box gets no maintenance at all.
> >
> > But it clearly gets a very reliable flavor of electricity...
> >
> > >I would love to know how much data it has delivered, but alas, in 2001 I
> > >wasn't up-to-speed with that sort of thing :-)
> >
> > We got one to 1460 or so, then got BSOD on the controller which switches
> > from the UPS to the diesel when they get up to speed, dropped power on
> > the whole data center (at work).
> >
> > I think you have the record, though.
>
> I'm not sure about that one. =)

No, I wasn't even thinking that - just reporting what a wonderful job it all
is - and yes, power supply here in Pompey UK is good (but we do pay thru' the
nose for everything in the UK). The last time I _did_ reboot that machine
was when my kettle lead shorted out and blew the fuses to my flats 240v
supply ring main.

According to the Linux counter site, there are more higher (my machine is 3rd
in the list):

http://counter.li.org/reports/uptimestats.php

Nick
--
"Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb