Re: nfs unhappiness with memory pressure

From: Kenny Simpson
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 17:20:18 EST

--- Keith Mannthey wrote:
> You are still reporing free pages. Do you seen the OOM killer killing
> processes?

I did not see anything being killed from the run under single user mode.
However, the sysrq does scroll past, so I only see the final 60 lines.
Is there a fool-proof way to check?

> How big is the file you are doing your test on? How big is your
> filesize var when the box hangs?

The File starts empty (the program creates it). The box hangs when the file is 5.9GB
(6308233217), or at least this is the file size when the box comes back.

> If you run this test without nfs (on a local file system) do you end
> up in this low memory state as well or only over a nfs mount?

I only see problems when running on nfs.

Other details:
nfs options:
rw,v3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,hard,intr,lock,proto=tcp,addr=x.x.x.x

This is going over a dedicated Gb x-over cable to a clustered NetApp.

-Kenny