Re: Gene's pcHDTV 3000 analog problem

From: Michael Krufky
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 23:08:19 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 10:53, Don Koch wrote:

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:29:23 -0500

Michael Krufky wrote:

Gene Heskett wrote:

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 20:26, Michael Krufky wrote:

[...]

All I can think of doing next is to have Gene, Don or Perry do a
bisection test on our cvs repo.... checking out different cvs
revisions until we can narrow it down to the day the problem patch
was applied.

Do we know of a date where the code is known to work.

I assume this is actually a question. Its one I'm not privy to other
than whats in 2.6.14.3 and earlier works. As to when that was merged
into the kernel tarballs, I'll let Michael see if he can date it. And
then we'ed want to look at anything post that merge date, using the
bisect methods suggested.

First thing I'd
like to do is verify that the card works at all. Remember, I've never
seen NTSC tuner mode work and don't want to chase a red herring if the
card is busted.

It should work with a stock 2.6.14.3 build if its going to work I
think, although there may be other factors for cards other than my
pcHDTV-3000. Michael?

2.6.14 was released about a month ago... so, to be safe, I'd say about 2 months ago in cvs...

The idea of a bisection test is to always make your next test based on half the amount of changesets... It's not as easy to do this with cvs as it is with git, but we can make the best of it......

so, ideally, your tests can be like this:

1- 2months ago.
2- 1month ago
3- 2 weeks ago
4- 3 weeks ago
5- 2 weeks, 3 days ago
6- 2 weeks, 1 day ago

.... at that point, we can look at the cvs commit logs and either

a) start checking out individual patches

or

b) start making the checkout based on time of day in addition of date, in the form,
YYYY-MM-DD HH:NN