mouse resync messages since 2.6.15-rc2-mm1, still in 2.6.15-rc3-mm1

From: jurriaan
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 14:51:37 EST

I access my workstations with a KVM switch, a Rose Vista model, and
since 2.6.15-rc2-mm1, I get an awful lot of

logips2pp: Detected unknown logitech mouse model 1
psmouse.c: resync failed, issuing reconnect request

messages. What is the information content in these messages? I take it
they tell me something important - but I can't understand what. If they
are just noise, could they please be removed?
I know my mouse works when I switch consoles; this KVM has worked for
ages with linux.

I can always #if 0 them out myself, but I'm curious what the meaning of
these messages is.

Thanks,
Jurriaan
--
Fire control was manual now. So was the coffeemaker, but with green
smoke gathering under the ceiling, that didn't seem as crucial somehow.