Re: Only one processor detected in 8-Way opteron in 32-bit mode

From: Keith Mannthey
Date: Thu Dec 01 2005 - 20:42:08 EST

Did the smp kernel that came with your distro boot smp on i386?

An apic is an apic. I don't think there is a diffrent interrupt
controler (but maybe I am wrong) I can boot opteron SMP with i386
just fine. My guess is what you are seeing is specific to your box.
What sort of a box is this 8-way AMD Opteron.....

What i386 subarch are you selecting in your i386 build? Could you try
the Generic architecture? Maybe the box is in clustered apic mode.

Does booting with acpi=off help?

Can you send the dmesg from your x86_64 partition. It will show us
what the apic is doing in that arch.

Thanks,
Keith