Re: Linux 2.6.15-rc4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 20:34:38 EST

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

> So, how are we, average end users, supposed to cope with this? What
> implications does this have for us?

Well, the old NVidia module should actually work fine. The VM does a
number of noisy (and scary) debugging messages, but that's just because
this area changed a lot, and we do want to know who triggers them. But
there are at least two reports that seem to be happy with the old module
just working.

And I actually think I'll just change vm_insert_page() to be a regular
export. It's not like it does anything really strange, and if the choice
is between people usign the horrible old interfaces because they don't
want to use the new one due to that GPL-only, and just making it regular,
I think I'll make that interface regular.

Linus