Re: RFC: Starting a stable kernel series off the 2.6 kernel

From: Indrek Kruusa
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 07:57:37 EST

These problems follow from the development model.

Hi!
I am not evil or unsatisfied end-user by any means, it is just quite interesting to follow today's lkml posts.

After reading "Linux 2.6.15-rc5: off-line for a week" from Torvalds it seems like this:.

a) Torvalds thinks that nobody cares about kernel testing
b) other gurus (they are also only "on-line" testers nowadays) doesn't feel good with development model (or at least they have no resources to do testing [Torvalds])
c) end-users (or those who are not kernel maintainers) are directed permanently to distros kernels and "stay away from kernel.org you wanna-bees!"

I can't say is it good or bad but this is interesting at least. I hope you guys keep going!

Have a nice day!
Indrek