Re: No Hotplug with AHCI (Intel ICH6M) Kernel 2.6.15rc4

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Mon Dec 05 2005 - 12:19:56 EST

Christian Volk wrote:
Kernel 2.6.15rc4
I am testing the hotplug feature with the Intel ICH6M Chipset and a SATA
harddisk.

I want to use the AHCI driver, because it should support hotplugging.
As you can see, the driver is loadet and the chipset was found correctly.
When I detach the harddisk, there are no kernelmessages indicating hotplug.
The only messages I can see are timeouts from the kernel when writing to
disk(see logfile)
Maybe is it a bug, that the unplugged harddisk is not detected?

http://linux.yyz.us/sata/software-status.html#hotplug

Jeff