Re: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 14:20:27 EST

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
I think Linus is doing the right thing here, and he is avoiding what I
described in the previous email: that is breaking drivers gratuitously
is what could make linux hostile and too costly to support IMHO. We want
to be parnters with all hardware companies, but we want them to support
linux properly (not with binary only drivers), in a way that we can fix
it, port it to other archs, and so that we don't lose support for the
hardware while improving internal APIs.

Agreed.

Jeff