Re: ntp problems

From: jdow
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 19:47:26 EST

From: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Should it be looked at? Certainly, but I don't have the knowledge
to do so. So I build kernels, and report problems areas. The
canary in the coal mine so to speak. :-)

The testing and problem report is very much appreciated! Start with
filing a bugzilla bug and then I'll point you at a few more mines to
checkout :)

Maybe next week when I have restored my patience, its been in short
supply lately over this tv card problem. Joanne (jdow) might be able
to furnish more co-oberating details as she sees more machines at
earthlink in a days work than I do in a year. I only have 3 here on
my little network, one rh7.3 box (firewall), this one, and a box in
the shop that runs my milling machine, so there is not at the moment,
a sacrificial lamb.

No I don't. I've just used ntp for several years, back to when it was
xntp and a new thing to RedHat releases. I don't have anything to do
with Earthlink other than as a customer. I use Linux as the firewall
and mail service here as well as a general "let off steam" from doing
work on Windows that I can't do on Linux. (Matrox DigiSuite cards
feature heavily.)

{^_^} Joanne

My mistaken impression then, and my apologies Joanne. I was under the impression that you've been an earthlink related employee for several years, and just speaking as a user for those posts that were revelant.

Does this mean I should go buy a Matrox card the next time I need a video card?

No, my competitors are not ATI and nVidia. And the cards I work with
are intended for broadcast video.

And this is severely OT by now so... Ta

{^_^}