Re: Sparc: Kernel 2.6.13 to 2.6.15-rc2 bug when running X11

From: J.O. Aho
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 10:42:26 EST

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Ben Collins wrote:
On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 12:05 +0100, J.O. Aho wrote:

Xorg jumps to VT7, you see a console cursor, "_", at the top left corner
and thats it. It's impossible to change back to VT1 (or any other), the
only thing that works is to press [stop]-[a] so that you get back to the
OBP from where I can reset the machine (resetting by the reset button
don't work). It's still possible to ssh to the machine, more and dmesg is
possible, but running ps causes the machine to completly lock up, change
init mode don't give any affects att all and trying to turn off or kill X
results in the same as ps.

Does the dmesg contain any sort of oops?

Nothing else than the "happy guy" error message, the rest is just the normal bootup messages like network card drivers been loaded and so on (of course those are before the "happy guy")

Sorry for not including the whole dmesg, but been taking eye photos, so have quite big difficulties to see anything, including text on 320x200 screen with big fonts.

--
//Aho