Re: Sparc: Kernel 2.6.13 to 2.6.15-rc2 bug when running X11

From: J.O. Aho
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 16:22:01 EST

From: "J.O. Aho" <trizt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:05:43 +0100 (CET)

When running in plain console (without trying to run X) everything works
fine (just telling that so I won't get people to ask if ps segfaults in
other cases or claims that my init is broke and so on).

Is the Xorg.conf setup to use the "ati" driver? You can't use
"fbdev" or similar, that will in fact hang the machine in a
manner similar to how you describe.

I'm using the sunffb driver, as I wish to get the output from my creator3d card, so that I can see something displayed as the monitor requiers a 13W3 connector. So I assume from your reply that framebuffer isn't working in kernel 2.6 for sparc, but for other archs like ppc?

--
//Aho