Re: [RFC]add ACPI hooks for IDE suspend/resume

From: Alan Cox
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 17:36:16 EST

On Mer, 2005-12-07 at 20:15 +0100, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> PS1 Please don't use taskfile_lib_get_identify(), drive->id
> should contain valid ID - if it doesn't it is a BUG.

If someone swapped the drive while suspended that isnt true. OTOH I'm
not sure what the hell you'd do if that was the case and you are using
drivers/ide right now.

> PS2 Have you seen libata ACPI patches by Randy?
> Maybe some of the code dealing with ACPI can be put to
> <linux/ata.h> and be shared between IDE and libata drivers?

Definitely a good idea. Also exposing the methods will be useful for
producing a proper libata 'ata_acpi' driver that does the best it can
using ACPI methods for tuning unknown hardware.