Core-iSCSI v1.6.2.2 (STABLE) + Tools v3.1

From: Nicholas A. Bellinger
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 18:55:33 EST

Greetings all,

Core-iSCSI v1.6.2.2 and Core-iSCSI-tools v3.1 will be available shortly
from:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/nab/iscsi-initiator-core/core-iscsi-v1.6.2.2.tar.bz2
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/storage/iscsi/core-iscsi-tools-v3.1.tar.bz2

This release would not have been possible without the help of:

http://www.sbei.com
Dominik and Dustin @ VBI
Daniel @ JHAPL
Bill and Chris @ Wasabi
Albert Pauw
Mike Mazarick
Micky Mazarick
Mark Tyler
jonas@xxxxxxxxx

This release includes a solution for single portal + multiple IQN names
that some iSCSI target nodes use as their primary naming scheme. This
done via an optional parameter inside of the /etc/sysconfig/initiator
which does not break backwards comptability with existing installations.
Additionally a fix has been included for HP iSCSI Target Nodes that
involves the removal of a 'return on error' condition related to
Underflow + S_BIT checking. For the former, manual pages and howto have
been updated to reflect the change to the /etc/sysconfig/initiator
configuration file.

Additionally, it was recently brought to my attention that a check
related to DataSequeceInOrder=Yes located in iscsi_initiator_erl0.c is
causing a problem with certain vendors iSCSI Target nodes. I will be
getting more information on this issue in the next few days, and will
release a fix as soon as possible. I will keep everyone posted.

Also, the Core-iSCSI list has been created. Everyone is invited to join
at: http://groups.google.com/group/Core-iSCSI

And finally, the project's website should be going online sometime in
the next week. I will keep everyone posted. We have definately made an
amazing amount of progress in the last 8 days, and the Core-iSCSI team
will keep moving full steam ahead with the project as long as a need
exists.

Thanks for your support.

--
Nicholas A. Bellinger <nab@xxxxxxxxxx>