Re: Fw: crash on x86_64 - mm related?

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 13:08:49 EST

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, James Bottomley wrote:

> This is that SCSI patch you reversed just before you went away. If you
> put it back again, the problem will go away ...

Well, that patch is definitely broken.

You say that it just causes a warning about sleeping in interrupt context,
while I say that the warning is a serious error. If that semaphore _ever_
is write-locked, the whole machine will crash from trying to sleep when it
cannot sleep.

So I can certainly undo the undo, but the fact is, the code is CRAP. I'd
much rather get a real fix instead of having to select between two known
bugs.

Please?

Linus