Re: [patch 0/5] Add MMC password protection (lock/unlock) support

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 02:07:01 EST

Anderson Briglia wrote:
> [resending summary because our first attempt failed]
>

> - Password caching: when inserting a locked card, the driver should try to
> unlock it with the currently stored password (if any), and if it fails,
> revoke the key containing it and fallback to the normal "no password present"
> situation.

Would it be possible to use the id of the card as a search key for the
password? That way several passwords can coexist.

> - Currently, some host drivers assume the block length will always be a power
> of 2. This is not true for the MMC_LOCK_UNLOCK command, which is a block
> command that accepts arbitratry block lengths. We have made the necessary
> changes to the omap.c driver (present on the linux-omap tree), but the same
> needs to be done for other hosts' drivers.

The MMC layer is designed that way, so it's hardly surprising that
drivers have been coded for it. I'm assuming you've removed blksz_bits
in favor of something in bytes?

Rgds
Pierre