Re: (fwd) Updated PATA libata patch set

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 13:42:00 EST

- Big update to the ata_piix driver. Add MWDMA support, fix numerous
bugs in the original code and ide/pci/piix.c. Should be as functional as
the ide/pci code if not better but no doubt has a few new bugs to
replace the old ones.

- Drivers for original piix and mpiix (broken and unsupported by the
ide/pci piix driver)

Is there any hope that piix4 mwdma now works again? I'm refering to this bug that appeared in 2.4.19:

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0210.3/1332.html
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0208.3/1128.html

If there is any hope, I will get a equivalnet computer to test (this spaecific computer is still in production use).

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@xxxxxxxx)