Re: SATA feature list available

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 12:51:01 EST

On Iau, 2005-12-15 at 12:10 -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> For people such as marketing types working on a distro, or users just
> looking for quick answers, I've created a feature list for libata:
>
> http://linux.yyz.us/sata/features.html
>
> Let me know if there is anything missing. This is just a quick list,
> details can be found on other pages at that site.

Comments

IDE isn't really supported yet. EIDE/ATA is mostly.
PCI IDE legacy/native - yes but we don't handle mixed

"Full support for initializing PATA device, controller timings" -
Nowhere near until the indpendent timing stuff is merged

Under not supported might be worth adding HPA, simplex DMA, legacy ISA
devices.

Controllers: -ac patch now has (not all tested or by any means ready for
the mainstream!)

ALi (no MWDMA yet)
AMD
ATIIXP